Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 64 - in which we are so over it we want to cry

And in fact tears have been shed. I have now done the boo-hoo-hoo tour of Lonny, where you drive around crying until you can cry no more. Extra points if a truckie looks down at you with sympathy. Triple points if you can manage a snot bubble. Unfortunately I'm just not that talented, but I did give it my best effort, and pride myself on the delusion that Tony had no idea I'd been crying.

Tony hasn't cried, but this is obviously because he is made of sterner stuff. He just swears a lot, and sends me down to the bottlo for more wine. Then suddenly the wine is GONE.

Either method is an effective stress release for the renovation that refuses to end.

In an additional measure for stress relief , we took ourselves down to the Basin Cafe. This was the view from our table.









But I don't remember it because I was busy with these pancakes. What pancakes? you might ask, and fairly so, because the poor fluffy darlings were buried under what must be 500 grams of blue berries.
Later, we wondered why people were looking at us like we had two heads (ironic), until we smiled at each other and saw we had blue lips, teeth and tongues.

But we are SO close (i feel like i've been saying that for a month, so you really shouldn't trust me). So close that I can almost hear the 'For Sale' sign being banged up out the front. So close that I can smell the musty odour of the Spirit of Tasmania. And I could say that I can almost taste the food from my new oven, but that would be a *lie* because the oven is installed and I really can, finally, cook. And thank God, because I think I've put on two kilos in two weeks. If anyone's looking for the spare tyre they were sure was in the boot of their car - panic not - I have stashed it around my waist. Keeping it nice and safe for you.

So, to update and stop boring your pants off:

Bathroom - tiling the wall is about 70% done and Boris is doing an amazing job. He sings while he works which I find very amusing. It's always songs like 'going to the chapel and we're, gonna get maaaarrried.' They say Italians are good tilers, but I say you can't beat a good German for getting it exactly right. See that bath in the bottom right hand corner? It's not hooked up to water yet, but that doesn't stop me plonking myself in it every single night. I have to use my stock pot to fill it up, but it's so worth it. I sit there in the dark, just me and my flannel, trying to remember what my life was like before we started renovating. Did i have one? Not sure.
















Kitchen - waiting on the benchtop. Yesterday the sparkys came and hooked it all up, much to my Snoopy-dancing joy.















House - exterior painting done. Currently painting the shed which is proving to be a pain in my expanded posterior. If I'd realised all those ridges in the iron meant painting by brush, I would have left the bleeding thing au natural and to hell with the consequences. There's rain on the way this week so we're making the most of the sunshine while we can and then we'll finish up inside. At the moment we can't start painting until nearly 11 am because of the dew that sets in overnight, and by 4 30 it's pretty much all over because it gets too damp in the air.


House - interior - currently doing small finish up jobs. Replacement skirting boards have gone in where we pulled them off. A new window has been made for the kitchen, the sliding doors have been installed including a cavity door for the bathroom. Half the down lights are up and the sparky's are coming back next week to finish off all their jobs. Still have to do another coat around some of the windows. Still have to put up the blinds but they are all here waiting for the rainy days.
More soon when I post the goodness that is the revamped BBQ area.
Bet you can't wait!!

Unless, of course, you're as over this as I am. Renovating!! Who's idea was this???

It was mine? Urrggggg.

Tony (prince of men) has just told me that he's stock-potted a bath for me, so i'm off before the water gets cold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee, almost done! Oh, and I meant to say before: GIMME THAT KITTEH!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I also meant to say: hang in there :-)

Little Fec said...

Oh - big hugs! If Oliver was there he'd give you huggers.
it does look amazing, though!
I can guess what you were muttering when painting that shed - bloody freya, she couldn't of painted the shed while she was here, oohh, noo. Followed by mutley grumbles (shasafrasagrr)

Matilda said...

We are soooo proud of you...you both have done a fantastic job... with the help of others I realise...but you've done a fantastic job!!!! We love and miss you. M&PJ