Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 3 months. It's finished, complete, DONE!

Happy happy joy joy.
The six weeks that turned into three months is finally well and truly over. The house looks beautiful. Tony stayed for an extra almost three weeks while I came back to Melbourne and started work (with initial teething problems). Battling the flu and other icky illnesses, he soldiered on until finally, FINALLY we called our real estate agent of choice, the lovely Leesa, in to take over.
What? someone else takes over?
Yes, it is a dream come true that we don't have to sell this blasted thing ourselves. I know, I know, the world says horrible things about real estate agents, but I think Leesa is a princess among women. I think I knew she was The One when she was walked through the house muttering to herself. Things like 'oh, here's the heart of the house. This is where a family can come together at the end of the day.' I'm like 'YEAH! That's exactly what I would've thought if I had an ounce of brain cell left. And she offered all the right things as incentives, and was so keen that in the end the choice was easy. I just know she's going to sell it just like I would (if i had the beforementioned braincell). So we'll see how it goes. And as I keep reminding Tony - we have to let it go now.
BACK SLOWLY AWAY FROM THE RENOVATION!!

A few little words of thanks to some people who may not realise what angels they are. Leonie, for sending down chocolate at regular intervals and always being an ear to whine to. Robert for previously mentioned priceless help at the exact time we needed it most. Freya, for the countess blessings in my mail box and also for coming down when she obviously saw the horrid pictures of me and knew I needed saving, the guys at Blue in Inveresk for the wonderful coffee. The Muffin, for providing my husband with eye candy when I was looking so woefully unappealing. Adam and chiropractor for those adjustments that can only be termed as euphoric. Boris for being not only the handiest man around but one of the most generous. Marie for giving Boris muffins and chocolate for his morning tea (and thereby us). Jill for sending me down new release books. And definitely everyone who left us messages right here on these pages. It was great to know you were all checking up on us and our progress (or lack thereof).

xxxxooooo

Rob

Here are some before and after shots for the sake of closure. Hopefully you can figure out what is what because the blogger picture thing is causing me grief.

Bathroom:
































































































































2 comments:

Matilda said...

It looks beautiful! We are so proud of you both.
Love, M & P

Little Fec said...

who can even believe it is the same house!
you guys rock.