Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 1In which our intrepid renovators are woken from their trusty air-bed at 3am by the police.

Tenants - bah! Who needs them?
Especially when they leave unwanted things behind like pingpong tables, moldy carpet, old freezers and fridges, graffitti in the garage and, oh yes, WARRANTS FOR THEIR ARREST.
lol
Not that I should laugh, because trust me, there's nothing funny about the police banging the door down at 3am looking for the person whose car is registered to our address last seen doing dodgy things in a suburb on the other side of town.
But they kept banging away, so pulling on our pants we stumbled out of bed opened the door so they could figure out we:

a) weren't Ethiopian (unlike our tenants)
b) didn't own a metallic blue commodore
c) truly weren't Ethiopian
d) had appallingly bad mental function at 3am.

After fifteen minutes and many 'huh?'s and 'wha?'s on our part and a visit by a second patrol car, they sauntered off empty handed - although not completely empty handed because they were privy to the sight of my large ass in a dainty nighty coupled with tracksuit pants. That'll teach 'em.

So of course today we really couldn't be bothered doing much of much. I washed down the aptly named rubic's cube room. This bedroom gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'feature wall'. It's got one in hot pink, one blue, one green and one yellow. All teamed with a beige ceiling. Or is that just smoke stain?
Who knows. I mean, i thought I was over feature walls altogether - but apparently I just had to apply **more* of them to overcome my ennui.

Sadly, I also stripped off the fairy wall paper border in bedroom 2 , leaving it much less magical. Although having said that - I'm sure it still has some magic left, because you'd have to be away with the fairies to put royal purple paint below the border line and hot pink above in a room to start with.

I'll upload a shot for you when i find the connection for the camera somewhere amongst my crap. Things are turning up slowly. But why, oh why, did the special 'odour eliminating' candle I bought from Dusk have to go missing?
Life is farting on me.

Robyn

2 comments:

M.J. said...

Well that's annoying. We had that in one of the share houses. Not at 3am but police arriving and beaucoup angry debt collectors calling for the previous tenants.

Fun!! Not! Chocolate for you!

Kez said...

God, how scary would that have been--someone banging on your door at that ungodly hour? Personally, I would have sent Tony out by himself, and stood in the shadows with a very large crowbar :)

As Mel said, you deserve chocolate!