Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 40 - in which we discover what SOME people will do for a day off

Word on the street is that I'll do anything to get a day off. Even give myself heart palpitations, numb arms, and shooting pains.

So I spent yesterday at the Launceston General, letting them stick me with needles etc. I've never had an arterial blood test before! It is even more interesting when they let a university student jab away trying to find said artery (unsuccessfully). 'A little more angle, yes, maybe the artery is a little deeper than I led you to suspect.....oh, move to one side, I'll find it."
And then they tell me NOT to be nervous but to hold very very still if I just could. I find I have an unparalleled talent for holding still. I am the holding-still queen.

Anyway, long tedious day short, there's nothing wrong with me (apart from the obvious) and I should try and relax a little.
HA!!

I thought they were going to have to admit Tony, he looked so worried. He even took me out for cake afterward, but not coffee, because let's face it - I obviously create enough stimulation all by myself.

No comments: