Monday, April 21, 2008

Day Um...not sure...maybe...lots

Haha! Freya has taken control of the blog! For one post, anyway.
Actually, I bundled up my painting clothes and went down to Lonnie for four days to kick the tires on Robyn's reno, so I thought I'd better report back.
They have a freaking amazing job so far, and i heard a rumor the men were in to sand the floors today, so it will soon look even better.


In honour of my visit we got to stay in a posh hotel. (actually, it was the fact the bathroom looks like this & the washing the hair in the bucket disaster that led to the fancier digs, but let me have my delusions of grandeur) It was opposite the Boags Brewery, but I was without husband, so didn't have to go on a tour.

In their on-going quest for the perfect coffee/pancake/danish, I think R & T have been to every cafe in Launceston. (They're even giving advice to Fat Wombat, the landscape gardener, on where to go for a caffeine hit.)
I don't think they quite believed me when I said I really did come down to paint, so we had to stop eating and start working! (after blinis and bircher muesli, of course)




Here is me and Robyn on the scaffold.
I tried to take the pic, but managed to get all of Robyn and only half of me.










Robyn taking the pic worked much better. Taking a pic of yourself is a real skill!








It seems looking at the camera is also a skill.


Now it's time to boast. So here's a pic of the bit I did. I did the bit under the window and the rest of the wall after I took this and also bit you can't see, around the other side, but this shot includes Big Al, the little blue trailer.















Here's Robyn and Tony doing the really hard slog up on top of the scaffold. (I went up there to have a look around and found the hardest bit for me was getting down off the bloody thing. Tony's assessment as I struggled to extract myself - Very Graceful. Luckily there is no photographic evidence of how graceful that was. At one stage I thought they were going to have dismantle it to get me out.)


I did take an action shot of me painting to silence the Doubting Husband, who had the suspicion that the trip would be all chocolate & girly alcoholic beverages and no painting.

And look husband, I'm wearing that old shirt of yours to paint in. You know the one that was lying on the floor...what do you mean that wasn't old?








R & T, having been unsuccessful in canceling my ticket and keeping me as a renovation slave, drove me to the airport on Sunday afternoon via a Devonshire Tea. A peacock tried to eat Robyn's.

As you can see by Robyn's face, no one was going to take her scone.









The weekend just flew by, a wonderful mix of cafe, op shop and painting (oh, and sleeping - manual labour, how you tire me!) and today I kept getting that nagging feeling that I should be painting.

Thank you Robyn & Tony for having me.
Any dodgy paintwork is no doubt the bit I did!

2 comments:

Robyn Enlund said...

It was so lovely to have you down here - such a treat for us. Plus - you paint like a fast thing.
Thank you for everything, but especially for telling me that NO WAY should I leave those 1st edition Heyers in the bookstore.

Matilda said...

Robyn, you have a great friend in Freya! That was very special of her to come out to help paint... wearing her husbands old shirt that was on the floor!
Hope you & TJ are both well.
Love from us!